What checks does Oh Dear perform?
Oh Dear consists of several checks to make your life as a developer or sysadmin easier. In general, there are five kinds of categories that we validate on your behalf.
- Uptime: as soon as one of your sites is down, we can notify you.
- Performance: we keep an eye on the performance and sudden changes in performance characteristics of your sites.
- SSL/TLS health: if a certificate is due to expire, has missing certificates in its chains or uses SHA-1 hashing, we'll let you know.
- Mixed content detection: we crawl your sites and will notify you when we detected mixed content.
- Broken links: we crawl your site and will notify you when we detected a broken link.
- Cron job monitoring: as soon as one of your scheduled tasks doesn't report back to us, we'll send you a notification.
- Application Health monitoring: we monitor critical parts of your server and application. We'll let you know when you're running low on disk space, when your queues are not running, when the API you depend on is down, and much more...
- DNS record monitoring: get notified whenever any of your DNS records change
Each check is described in more detail in the links above.