What checks does Oh Dear perform?
List of features
Oh Dear consists of several checks to make your life as a developer or sysadmin easier. In general, there are ten kinds of categories that we validate on your behalf.
- Uptime: as soon as one of your sites is down, we can notify you.
- Performance: we keep an eye on the performance and sudden changes in performance characteristics of your sites.
- SSL/TLS health: if a certificate is due to expire, has missing certificates in its chains or uses SHA-1 hashing, we'll let you know.
- Mixed content detection: we crawl your sites and will notify you when we detected mixed content.
- Broken links: we crawl your site and will notify you when we detected a broken link.
- Cron job monitoring: as soon as one of your scheduled tasks doesn't report back to us, we'll send you a notification.
- Application Health monitoring: we monitor critical parts of your server and application. We'll let you know when you're running low on disk space, when your queues are not running, when the API you depend on is down, and much more...
- Lighthouse SEO monitoring: using Google Lighthouse, we monitor key performance metrics of your site and can notify you of SEO issues.
- DNS record monitoring: get notified whenever any of your DNS records change
- Domain monitoring: we let you know if your domain expires soon
- Certificate transparency reporting: we'll notify you as soon a new certificate is issued for your site.
Each check is described in more detail in the links above.
We send monthly uptime reports to each member of your team.
In addition to the uptime report, we also send an extensive monthly summary of all check results. This report can be emailed to any email address (not just team members). We keep the report history so each month can be viewed in a browser or downloaded as a PDF.
You can enable the detailed monthly reports from the 'Monthly reports' menu within your site details dashboard and view the history from the same screen.
Feel free to reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter via @OhDearApp if you have any other questions. We'd love to help!